If you are looking for a drywall cost estimator, then QTO Estimating can provide you with a detailed and accurate drywall takeoff. There are a lot of different factors such as drywall mud, repairs, installation costs, sheetrock quantities, and much more that you need to consider when preparing any drywall takeoff estimates.
QTO Estimating has been completing professional estimating projects around the world for years. Our professional estimators have decades of experience compiling detailed drywall takeoff for clients around the world. They have worked on large commercial and residential projects in Australia, Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and many more countries. We have developed close working professional relationships with wholesalers, suppliers, contractors, and construction companies around the world.
Our drywall takeoffs include;
- Gypsum boards
- gypsum board ceilings
- Metal/wood studs
- Tracks for studs
- Drywall taping
- Drywall mudding
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN A DRYWALL TAKEOFF?
A typical drywall take-off includes the total square footage of sheetrock, drywall sheets count (4’x8′ or 4’x12′), joint compound required, metal corner bead lengths and count, metal stud and trims lengths, screws & nails quantity, taping and finishing quantities. These are the items that we estimate in a drywall take-off. Finally we put the unit prices for the material and labor to come up with the drywall estimate.
WHY CHOOSE US FOR DRYWALL TAKEOFFS?
Whichever way you look at it, the building sector is extremely competitive and requires a keen eye for detail. You can’t afford to make mistakes when you’re preparing any drywall takeoff or building estimates. It can be an extremely time-consuming process having to prepare drywall takeoffs by yourself. That’s why it pays to work with a professional company for all your construction estimates.
When you tender for any project, having a professionally prepared drywall takeoff will put you leap and bounds ahead of your competition. It’s also going to ensure that you understand and know what your breakeven points are on the project. Working with a professional estimating service such as QTO Estimating will allow you to spend more time building your business and less time doing hours of paperwork. It’s also a great way to win more tenders.
All drywall takeoffs and estimates are complicated and can take a lot of time to get rights. You need to have a thorough understanding of the drywall installation process, materials, and hours involved in installing the panels between in-between the metal studs. You also need to understand the local working environment and factor in transportation costs, labor costs, and much more. If your drywall quantities in the square foot are accurate, then it can cause you to lose tenders, run over budget, and ultimately cost you money.
HOW DO WE PREPARE DRYALL TAKE-OFF & ESTIMATES?
You’re going to need more than an online drywall takeoff calculator or spreadsheet to compile a detailed and accurate estimate of your project. Our experienced team will look at every aspect of your project and come up with a detailed partition wall estimate including sheetrock for your next residential contract or commercial building project.
There are a variety of different factors that we consider when we prepare your material takeoff list. We’ll look at the cost of drywall materials, fixtures, and transportation costs. We also take into consideration the costs of permits, fees, taxes, and planning applications. There are a lot of hidden costs associated with the partition walls that you need to consider whenever you’re preparing an estimate.
Another important component that we consider whenever we prepare your drywall takeoff and estimation is how much labor will be required to complete the drywall installation process. We’ll look at how much skilled and unskilled labor you’ll require, the project management costs, and foreperson requirements.
Labor requirements are a large part of any estimate. If you have your dedicated labor source, we can work with your rates, or we can help prepare the average costs of local labor wherever the project is located. We can also use rates from your wholesale drywall material providers or sourced from local suppliers.
STEPS INVOLVED IN DRYWALL ESTIMATING
If you are wondering how to do the drywall quantity takeoff then here are few steps to be followed;
- Measure Out – The first part of any estimate is completing a thorough and accurate measurement of the entire area that needs to be drywalled.
- Drywall Sheets – Next, we’ll calculate how many sheets of drywall you’re going to need to complete the entire project. We’ll also include a percentage for waste and mistakes to ensure that you have enough material to complete the job, but not too much.
- Drywall Tape – The next step in the process is estimating how much drywall tape you’re going to need to complete the entire job.
- Joint Compound – After you sheet and tape, you’re going to need to know how much joint compound you’ll need.
- Drywall Screws – It’s often the small things that add up. We’ll calculate approximately how many screws you’ll need to finish the entire project.
- Corner Beads – We’ll measure the corners throughout the project and give you an accurate number of corner beads you’ll need for all your outside corners.
- Labor Costs – We can calculate labor costs based on the size of your project, speed of contractors, and hourly or project-based rates.
- Miscellaneous Accessories – Damage, sandpaper, fees, permits, site repairs, and cleanup will all be taken into account.
- Painting Costs – If your gypsum board walls need painting then we can also quantify that for you.
If you require an average commercial drywall takeoff cost per square foot or the same for a residential building, then QTO Estimating can get it done for you. We have a team of friendly and professional estimators, having decades of experience working on both residential and commercial drywall building projects around the world.
If you need a drywall repair cost estimate or looking for a sheetrock estimator then QTO Estimating can help you in preparing your takeoff. So please don’t hesitate to contact us. We would be happy to take a look at your drawings or plans and provide you with a thorough and detailed drywall estimate or takeoff.