Are you looking for a professional drywall estimating services? Do you need drywall takeoff and want to know the number of sheets required for your project? Look no further as QTO Estimating offers drywall takeoff estimates containing materials, labor and equipment required to finish the job. We have a team of expert sheetrock estimators having 20+ years of experience in estimating drywall for residential and commercial construction projects in USA.
Hire Expert Drywall Estimators
QTO Estimating is a professional estimating firm offering estimating services to contractors, builders, homeowners and architects in United States. We have a team of expert drywall estimators having plenty of experience in construction takeoffs, costing and budgeting.
We have specialized quantity surveyors handling various CSI construction trades such as lumber estimating, steel estimating, concrete estimating, masonry estimating, painting estimates, flooring estimates, electrical estimates etc.
We strictly comply with the local construction codes and keep our estimates aligned with the requirements of local authorities. Moreover, our dedicated estimators are trained and strictly follow the estimating guidelines provided by organizations such as ASPE, PMI and AWCI etc.
What We Offer in Drywall Takeoff Services
Our drywall takeoffs are detailed and can be used for ordering sheetrock materials. We work on the drawings and measure the drywall quantity using advance digital takeoff software such as Planswift and Bluebeam.
Contractors use our take-offs for bidding, budgeting & material ordering purposes. We offer drywall estimating services to general contractors, specialty GWB contractors, homeowners and builders.
Our drywall takeoffs service includes a detail breakdown of various sheetrock materials and related accessories such as;
- Drywall taping
- Drywall mudding
- Drywall Painting
Our Projects Portfolio
QTO Estimating worked on hundreds of residential and commercial drywall installation projects and provided estimates for material, labor and equipment. We worked with general contractors as well as drywall specialist contractors all over the USA. We have offered sheetrock estimating services for various projects that include;
- Office Buildings
- Shopping Malls
- Assisted Living
- Day Care Centers
Drywall Estimate Examples
We have delivered hundreds of estimates for various construction projects in New York, California, Florida, Texas, Washington and other US states. All our takeoffs are referenced, detailed and broken down by area, floor, location and building wise. Moreover, we strictly take into consideration the requirements set by our clients. Here are a few examples of drywall estimates prepared by our estimators;
Steps Involved In Drywall Estimating
We follow a systematic approach to prepare an accurate drywall takeoff that includes each and every material required for completion of your job. Many new builders and home owners come to us and ask questions like “how many pieces of sheetrock do I need”, “how to figure how much drywall I need” and “how to measure drywall square footage”. We follow the below mentioned steps that will also help such newbies in estimating drywall for any construction project.
- Loading Plans – We load the plans of your project in our estimating software such as Planswift or Bluebeam and scale them as per the provided scale.
- Partition Wall Markings – We mark the lengths of different partition types depending upon their thicknesses and types separately on the plans.
- Drywall Sheets Count – Multiply the length markings with the height of wall to compute the sheetrock square footage required. Double the quantity to consider sheetrock on both sides of partition wall. Then subtract the opening areas such as doors and windows. Finally divide the square footage by 32 to compute the number of sheets required. Here we considered 4×8 as standard drywall sheet dimensions. The gypsum boards ceilings are measured by marking the areas where GWB ceilings are required.
- Metal Studs quantity – We divide the marked lengths of each partition type with the spacing of such (usually 16”) to calculate the number of studs required for the partition wall. The height of studs we measure from the section details (usually 10’ standard height). Same method is followed for both metal and wood studs. Let say if wall length is 100 LF and stud spacing is 16” or 1.33’. We divide 100 by 1.33 which gives us 75 studs.
- Insulation Quantity – Simply multiply wall lengths with the height to calculate the wall batt insulation for walls. Openings can be subtracted to be more precise.
- Taping Quantity – The perimeter of a single 4×8 sheet comes out to be 24. We multiply this perimeter with number of sheets to calculate the lineal footage of tape required. A standard tape roll contains 500 LF of tape. So we divide the total taping length with 500 to get the number of tape rolls required.
- Joint Compound – As per field practices, it is noticed that around 0.053 pounds of joint compound is needed for 1 square foot of gypsum board. So, we just multiply the drywall square footage with 0.053 to calculate the mudding required in pounds (lbs).
- Drywall Screws – A simple rule of thumb is to divide the drywall square footage by 300. This gives us the lbs. of screws required for the project.
- Corner Beads – Just need to count the number of outside corners in the entire project to know the quantity of corner beads required. They come in standard lengths of 8’, 9’ or 10’. Depending upon the wall height, we can pick the appropriate length of corner beads.
Why Choose Us
We have a dedicated team of drywall estimators with 20+ years of combined experience in the drywall estimation and construction field. We know the local US construction standards, methodologies and codes and it stands us out of the crowd. A few benefits of choosing QTO Estimating for your drywall estimating needs are;
- Accurate estimates
- Fast turnaround time (usually 2 to 4 days)
- Competitive pricing (Starting $100 only)
- Receive editable estimate in MS Excel
- Colored PDF marked plans provided
- Monthly packages offered
- Accurate pricing based on ZIP code
- Bid submission assistance
- Free revisions
- 24/7 support by chat/phone
Outsource Drywall Estimating Services & Win More Bids
QTO Estimating services can help you in winning more bids by accurately estimating drywall for your projects. Contractors outsource estimates for residential, commercial and industrial construction projects to QTO Estimating. We provide you a detailed estimate that includes the drywall quantities for walls, ceilings, soffits, furring’s etc. Apart form that, we also estimate studs, mudding, taping and nailing requirements for your project. Our expert gypsum wall estimators include the costs for necessary permits, bonds, supervision costs, transportation costs and labor requirements in the estimate. Our clients use our estimates directly for bidding and ordering materials as required.
Steps to get started
1. Upload Plans
Send us your project drawings, specifications and scope of works by email. We will review the plans and send you a quote for drywall estimating service including the pricing and turnaround time.
2. Pay Invoice
Once you approve the quote, we send you an invoice that can be paid online via any credit card. Our drywall estimators will start working on your project soon after the confirmation of payment.
3. Receive Estimate
You will receive the estimate along with the PDF colored marked plans within agreed turnaround time by email. The estimate will be provided in an excel spreadsheet and contain all the drywall quantities and pricing as per the agreed scope of works.
Our Service Areas
We have premium access to a nationwide pricing database that help us in accurately pricing the projects all over the USA. We have been working with general contractors and drywall specialists from California, Texas, Florida, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Ohio, Georgia, North Carolina, Michigan, New Jersey, Virginia, Washington, Connecticut, Arizona, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Indiana, Missouri, Maryland, Wisconsin, Colorado, Nevada, Minnesota, South Carolina, Alabama, Louisiana and other US states.
Our estimating fee depend on project size and scope of works. Email us the plans to get a free quote for your project.
We can deliver small jobs in 2 to 3 days and big commercial jobs in 5 to 7 days. If you have any deadline then let us know so that we can accommodate you accordingly.
We provide a detailed level-wise breakdown of all the items including drywall sheets count, studs, channels, insulation, mudding, taping, corner beads, nailing, painting etc. Moreover, we do consider permit fees, supervision fees, mobilization costs, labor and equipment costs in the estimate.
A takeoff contains a list of all drywall materials and their quantities. An estimate includes pricing for the materials, labors and other miscellaneous costs as well.
Yes, you will receive a detailed estimate in excel along with PDF markups for drywall.
We use Planswift and Bluebeam softwares. The estimates are provided in MS Excel spreadsheet. Email us directly if you need sample drywall estimate spreadsheets.
We have premium sources like RSMeans and Craftsman book that provide us the latest material and labor rates in any particular region of US and specifically for the ZIP code of your project. We use such references and our historical databases to prepare an accurate estimate that help you in winning the bid.
Yes, we do offer takeoffs and estimating services complete GC scope and other trades such as masonry, concrete, roofing, painting, framing etc.
We do offer discounts and monthly estimation packages if you bid multiple jobs every month. Give us a call of send us an email to inquire more about monthly offers and discounts.
Construction sector is extremely competitive and requires a keen eye for detail. You can’t afford to make costly mistakes when you’re preparing a drywall takeoff or building estimate. It can be an extremely time-consuming process having to prepare takeoffs by yourself. That’s why it pays to work with a professional estimating company like us for all your construction estimates.
When you tender for any project, having a professionally prepared drywall takeoff will put you leap and bounds ahead of your competition. It’s also going to ensure that you understand and know what your breakeven points are on the project. Working with a professional estimating service such as QTO Estimating will allow you to spend more time building your business and less time doing hours of paperwork. It’s also a great way to win more tenders.
All drywall takeoffs and estimates are complicated and can take a lot of time to get right. You need to have a thorough understanding of the dry wall installation process, materials, and hours involved in installing the panels in-between the metal studs. You also need to understand the local working environment and factor in transportation costs, labor costs, and much more. Inaccurate drywall estimate could cause you to lose tenders, run over budget, and ultimately cost you lot of money.
You’re going to need more than an online calculator or spreadsheet to compile a detailed and accurate estimate of your project.
Our experienced drywall estimators will look at every aspect of your project and come up with a detailed partition wall estimate including sheetrock quantities for your next residential contract or commercial building project.
There are a variety of different factors that we consider when we prepare your material takeoff list. We’ll look at the cost of drywall materials, fixtures, and transportation costs. We also take into consideration the costs of permits, fees, taxes, and planning applications. There are a lot of hidden costs associated with the partition walls that you need to consider whenever you’re preparing an estimate.
Another important component that we consider whenever we prepare your drywall takeoff and estimation is how much labor will be required to complete the gypsum board wall installation process. We’ll look at how much skilled and unskilled labor you’ll require, the project management costs, and foreperson requirements.
Labor requirements are a large part of any estimate. If you have your dedicated labor source, we can work with your rates, or we can help prepare the average costs of local labor wherever the project is located. We can also use rates from your wholesale drywall material providers or sourced from local suppliers.
Drywall, gypsum boards and sheetrock come under division 09 -Finishes of construction specifications index (CS). Its related subdivisions are as follows and we estimate all the items under this CSI division.
- 092000 – Plaster and Gypsum Board
- 092220 – Furring and Lathing
- 092240 – Non-load bearing wall framing
- 092245 – Head of wall framing systems
- 092400 – Portland cement plaster (stucco)
- 0092500 – Venetian & Other line plasters
- 092700 – Plaster Fabrications
- 092900 – Gypsum Boards
- 092940 – Gypsum wallboard specialties
- 092960 – Lead-lined gypsum board
- 098260 – Acoustical Plaster
Let our experienced estimators handle your project while you focus on other important stuff. We can efficiently estimate drywall for any residential or commercial project and provide you with a detailed list of materials as mentioned above. Just send us your project plans, RFP email or drawings link and we will send you a proposal including service fee and turnaround time required to complete your drywall estimate.
For any questions or inquires, don’t hesitate to call us or email us.