Masonry estimating services include measuring items like CMU, brickwork, masonry restoration, face bricks, glazing, etc. If you have been struggling to complete your masonry estimates, then our services can be a great support for you. We have a team of experienced masonry cost estimators that have worked on large construction projects around the world. QTO Estimating has prepared estimates for large commercial and residential projects in many different cities and countries around the world. It including masonry takeoff services in Melbourne, Australia, Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
Preparing masonry estimates using an online masonry estimating spreadsheet or program can be an absolute nightmare if you are new in the estimation field. You’re putting a lot of trust in a program that you found online and still not sure about the accuracy of results. Not only that but preparing your masonry estimate can be an extremely time-consuming and frustrating process. Wouldn’t that time be better spent elsewhere?
We have an experienced team of dedicated and professional masonry estimators. They are well-qualified to understand your upcoming project needs and takeoff requirements. We provide you with detailed masonry takeoffs that will ensure that you understand your break-even point in any upcoming tenders and decide how to proceed with that.
Our services include quantifying and preparing masonry cost estimates for all the sub-divisions of Division 04 as per CSI master format. It includes the following major items;
- Unit masonry
- CMU blocks
- Glass unit masonry
- Concrete form masonry
- Stones (granite, marble, etc.)
- Glazed tiles
- Facing bricks
- Terra cotta estimate
- Stucco work
- Mortar & plaster quantities
- Exterior brick replacement
- Masonry anchorage
- Masonry flashing
- Stonemasonry walls
- Restoration & cleaning
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Masonry estimation includes brickwork, CMU blocks, stone masonry quantity in square footage, etc. It is a complicated and time-consuming process that involves a thorough understanding of building foundations, walls, reinforcement, labor costs, material costs, transportation, and much more. Even the slightest misstep during the preparation of your masonry estimate can cause you to lose a potential job or run over budget.
The construction industry is highly competitive, and profit margins are slim. You can’t afford to overquote or underquote on mega masonry and concrete projects. If you overquote on the project, you risk losing the contract, and if you underquote on your masonry takeoffs, you could be out of pocket when it comes time to pay for the unaccounted work.
The drawback of underquoting is that you lose lots of money. The worst-case scenario is that you end up damaging your company's reputation and put future jobs in jeopardy. It takes a long time to build up your reputation in the business and construction industry. It can take minutes for that good reputation you’ve spent years building to be ruined.
Moreover, it is equally important to have a good know-how of the construction sequence to estimate a project correctly. The material wastage is for the plastering works should be considered and the percentage of damaged bricks should be taken into account. So it is always advised to take the help of professional masonry estimating services to win projects with good profit margins.
Our masonry takeoffs include all construction materials falling in Division 04 of the CSI master format sheet. So all kinds of brickwork, face bricks, stone masonry, concrete CMU blocks, plaster works, masonry flashing, masonry restoration, etc. are included in our quantity takeoff spreadsheet.
Our services also include overall masonry estimation takeoffs, including the brick, stone, concrete block, tile, marble, travertine, and other architectural precast estimation. If a company wants to avail our services for masonry estimation, they will be receiving a complete CMU list which will include overall estimation of the headers, bound beam, knockouts, halves, lintel block, angle block, round column block mortar, sand, and half-high. To make it easier and to help the company get a perfect quote, we also provide precast lintel, precast sills and steel estimation for elaborated takeoffs.
At QTO Estimating, we have a detailed process that we follow to ensure that your masonry estimate is thorough and accurate. Our team of experienced estimators incorporates factors like brick types, mortar thickness, concrete fillings, masonry reinforcement, foundation material, material costs, delivery costs, supplier and much more to have the most realistic cost estimate of masonry works.
We’ll also look at the labor costs associated with your masonry project and include a detailed manpower breakdown in your masonry estimate. The number of man-hours required to complete the project successfully, and the hourly as well as daily wages of mason, labor, painter, etc. If you have dedicated labor then we can utilize your labor pricing, or we can do research and approximate labor costs in the city or country that you’re working in.
We can look at existing building plans and construction drawings to evaluate the entire costs associated with your upcoming projects. We call it a preliminary estimate of masonry works that is just indicative of rounded costs for main activities. We can also give you an estimate of the time and costs associated with your project if you need it. For that, you need to provide us drawings and we will send you a quotation in return. If you are happy with our quote, we’ll be able to get started on your project.
There are a lot of details in masonry estimates that are easy to overlook but could potentially cost you a lot of time and money once the masonry project start. Masonry fittings, anchor points, reinforcements, temporary stabilizing equipment, transportation costs, weatherproofing, fees, licenses, building applications, and much more. So if you don't want to spend so much time finding out every relevant item to be priced then we are available to help you with that.
Wondering how the masonry takeoffs are prepared for cost estimation? Here are the steps we follow;
- Project Overview– We’ll start by having a thorough overview of the complete projects by going through all the drawings, specifications and other available documents.
- Importing to PlanSwift – Then we load the PDF drawings into planswift and scale them as per the given drawing scale.
- Identify Masonry Works – This is the most important step and requires much attention to figure out the locations where masonry work is to be carried out. We compare plans with sections and elevation to get a better understanding of the type and extent of various masonry works (brick walls, CMU block walls, ornamental stones, etc.)
- Measuring Quantities – We use the linear tool, area tool and count command to measure the exact material quantity of each type of masonry. For example, the number of brick courses, wall widths, coarse lengths and heights, number of blocks, etc. are quantified to produce the total quantity in SF or CF. Wall area requiring mortar finish or total area of the stone wall can also be measured. Then finally we combine similar quantities from different drawings under a single line item for easy pricing.
- Costs Estimation– We can determine the labor man-hours based on the scope of works and construction activities. Moreover, the unforeseen aspects like break times, downtime, and overtime are also considered. Then the machinery costs and market prices of brick masonry, CMU blocks, etc. are taken into account for the preparation of cost estimate.
- Miscellaneous Accessories/Costs – There are a lot of small things that are often overlooked in masonry and brickwork takeoffs. We consider mobilization costs, licenses fees, bonds and insurances, wastage and breakage of material, site clean-up, site repairs, and any transportation costs and fees associated with the project.
- Masonry Estimate Delivery – Finally you get the material takeoff sheet containing all the activities and material quantities required for the project. The line items can be priced directly from the spreadsheet that we provide.
CONTACT US FOR MASONRY ESTIMATES
It doesn’t matter if you need masonry cost estimate for a small residential job or a big commercial project. QTO Estimating is here to help you in preparation of MTO's, BOQs, pricing sheets etc. Our friendly and professional estimators have years of experience working on both residential and commercial masonry projects around the world so don't worry about the accuracy of estimate. Moreover, we consider deadlines as DEADLINES and take them very serious for the delivery of estimates.
So if you have a masonry estimate that you would like QTO Estimating to help you prepare, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us directly. We would be happy to take a look at your drawings or plans and provide you with a thorough and detailed masonry take off.